Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

project: hoop art



Recently when browsing Pinterest I saw this pretty bit of wall art, simply created using embroidery hoops and vintage fabrics. As you know I moved into my own flat a few months ago and wanted to re-create this on my bedroom wall. This is an extremely cheap way of creating your own personalised art installation. You can buy a variety of different size embroidery hoops on amazon for £1-3 each 6-12inch sizes. I bought a bundle of different fabrics from e-bay "Tilda Winter Memories" and my skill fully hand-crafted centre-piece was bought from Love & Buttons (please have a look at the facebook/Etsy page, lots of beautiful pieces)





At here is the finished display, I'm really pleased with it!!!








I have also pre-ordered this book "100 things to with embroidery hoops - HOOP-LA" by Kirsty Neale to inspire me with other projects in the future!


shopping links

Tilda Winter memories fabric -

Emboidery hoops - 

Hand-crafted Love & Buttons Hoop - 

Hoop-La Book - 

No comments:

Post a Comment