Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

day trip to Broadstairs



Seeings as we are in the middle of a "heat-wave" or as other countries call it "summer" myself and my friend Michelle decided to pack our beach bags this sunday and head down to the coast, Broadstairs to be precise!! Packed like sardines on the train, I arrived to beautiful clear blue skies,  the sound of seaguls and the amazing aroma of fresh fish and chips, what could be better!!??? 

First stop The Old Bake House for a lovely cup of coffee, served in vintage cups and saucers and a fresh pastry, delicious and value for money!! It is tucked away just off the main road to the beach, so keep an eye out for it!



Then we hit the beach for a few hours soaking up the sunshine, we even dipped our toes into the sea, but it was bloody freezing!!


We then went for a wander and found some brilliant vintage buys on the bric-a-brac stools, I bagged myself a beautiful cross stitch table cloth and some retro prints and postcards!! I also found these very sweet little tins, I especially liked the marmite one, you either love it or hate it....






Michelle tried to get me to taste the local delicacies of welks & vinegar and crayfish but I couldn't quit muster up the courage to try them and stuck with the fish & chips! DELICIOUS!!


I really would recommend a day trip to the seaside, Broadstairs is quaint and there are lots of things to see and do, especially when the sun is out to play!

Links

http://old-bake-house.bakers.shopping.broadstairs.tel/

No comments:

Post a Comment